Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Travel Schedule

Slowly but surely a schedule of these last couple of weeks before my PST begins to emerge.

Jan 11, Friday Last day (i hope and pray) of working food service. I haven't had the best luck at paying jobs frankly, though serving coffee was a decent experience, customers and coworkers have been very friendly, and I have no big complaints aside from the size of the paycheck and my working food service with a college degree at the age of 24. Hopefully I can find a real job as soon as I get out of the Peace Corps, we'll see what happens.

Jan 14-19 My grandparents come in from Michigan to see my parents' new house and wish me a good trip. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Jan 27 I leave for Huntsville Airport in the early morning. After a brief stop in Charlotte, NC I go to Philly and arrive at 11:30 AM. After that registration and staging for the trip begins.

Jan 28 Staging courses all day except for lunch and evening.

Jan 29 Medical checkup and vaccinations then off to the airport. We go to Frankfurt, Germany first (long layover there, hope the group gets the chance to do something.) After that we head to South Africa and then to the training site.

Other odds and ends:

- everyone with a certain amount of justification asks what exactly I'm doing for the Peace Corps, the Peace Corps website describes the project here...


NGO Development and HIV/AIDS

The South African government has called on
all organizations to join the new"Partnership Against AIDS." This project
reinforces the capacity of nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) focusing on
HIV/AIDS and increases their effectiveness in serving local communities.




So yeah it's a bit vague. I suppose I'll find out more during training.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Luck! It sounds like you have a long trip, i've joined as well and i'll be interested to hear how your trip is going. Sean.